Request for Proposals: Sense of Place Lecture Series, Season 12 (2021-22)
What we’re looking for:
- Presenters with expertise on a topic related to the cultural, natural, or political history of the Columbia River Gorge.
- Skilled public speakers who enjoy sharing their knowledge and have the ability to present in a way consistent with the Sense of Place format.
- Availability to present in Hood River, Oregon. (If pandemic restrictions exist, availability to present via Zoom webinar*.)
- Lectures happen on the 2nd or 3rd Wednesday of the month, October – April. Speakers are asked to arrive by 6pm, lectures begin at 7pm and run 50mins-1hr, followed by a Q&A.
What we offer:
- Event marketing to 4,000 e-newsletter subscribers and via social media, local newspapers and partners in Oregon and Washington.
- Book sales facilitated by a local bookshop (optional).
- A chance to be a part of a popular and meaningful lecture series with a loyal audience.
- A digital recording of your presentation will be shared/archived online via the Sense of Place web page.
- Lodging for out-of-town presenters.
*PLEASE NOTE: It is expected that all Season 12 lectures will be presented live, in-person in Hood River, Oregon. However, if pandemic restrictions prohibit this, presentations will be made via Zoom webinar.
To apply ONLINE:
Please answer the proposal questions online here.
To apply via MAIL:
Mail your proposal with answers to these questions (click here).
Sense of Place / Mt. Adams Institute
2453 Highway 141
Trout Lake, WA 98650
Applications must be received by end of day MAY 28, 2021.
Speakers selected for Season 12 will be notified in June 2021.
Questions? Contact Sarah Fox, Sense of Place Host & Curator firstname.lastname@example.org