My name is Jon Knepper. I am an AmeriCorps VetsWork member that was assigned to a facilities maintenance position working directly with the U.S Forest Service. Continue Reading…
Originally from Michigan, I currently call the beautiful state of Washington my home. My love for the outdoors began at a young age spending summers in the Adirondacks with my family and ultimately led me to thru hike the Pacific Crest Trail in 2017. Continue Reading…
My name is Dakota Miller, I grew up in the beautiful state of Florida and love fishing, hiking, camping, and being on the water. After graduating high school I enlisted in the United States Air Force and completed a six year enlistment with the Air National Guard. Continue Reading…
What we’re looking for:
- Presenters with expertise on a topic related to the cultural, natural, or political history of the Columbia River Gorge.
- Skilled public speakers who enjoy sharing their knowledge and have the ability to present in a way consistent with the Sense of Place format.
- Availability to present via webinar or podcast*.
What we offer:
- Event marketing to 4,000 e-newsletter subscribers and via social media, local newspapers and partners in Oregon and Washington.
- Book sales facilitated by a local bookshop (optional).
- A chance to be a part of a popular and meaningful lecture series with a loyal audience.
- A digital recording of your presentation will be shared/archived online via the Sense of Place website.
- Honorarium of $100
*PLEASE NOTE: We are updating our lecture format in response to ongoing restrictions around large in-person gatherings due to COVID-19. Our recent audience survey showed overwhelming support for continuing Sense of Place in some form during the pandemic. As a result, Season 11 will likely be conducted largely online or in podcast form. There are benefits and drawbacks to this temporary shift, but Sense of Place has been an invaluable way to gather, wonder, and learn about our common ground and the SOP Team is committed to working with our speakers and supporters to continue these lectures in 2020-21. We appreciate your flexibility and interest in being a part of this special season.
Deadline for applications is August 7, 2020.