Education & Dining Pavilion Project
Project Cost: $75,000
- New Picnic Tables
- Fireplace structure
- Electrical & AV capabilities
In 2011, Mt. Adams Institute planted itself in the Pacific Northwest (Trout Lake, WA) to help strengthen the connection between people and the natural world.
We slowly grew our programmatic branches to engage people at different stages in life. Our science and outdoor education program, Cascade Mountain School, inspires young people to get outside and reap the academic, physical and mental health benefits. Our career development programs, VetsWork and Public Lands Stewards, help open the door for veterans and young adults to jobs in the public lands and natural resources management sectors. And our Wilderness Volunteers program provides opportunities for retirees (and others) to volunteer on our national forests.
Through good stewardship and community support, we’ve grown and so has our impact:
- 81% of the veterans that successfully complete our VetsWork program have been offered jobs.
- Over 500 youth spend time outside with Cascade Mountain School; nearly 2 out 3 kids do so with our scholarship support.
A Space to Thrive.
The only downside to our success is that we’ve outgrown the physical space of our campus which limits the number of participants we can serve.
With your support, we’re ready to expand our canopy (literally!) with the Education and Dining Pavilion Project. The project will increase our education and dining space as well as extend our program season. By building it, we will be able to:
- Offer Outdoor School programs in spring and fall seasons which means 350 more young people can experience time outside
- Increase the number of veterans and young adults in VetsWork and Public Lands Stewards by 70%
Grow With Us.
We invite you to join us in this journey every step of the way. As a donor you will be invited to a celebration at the pavilion grand opening where we will honor your act of generosity by adding a plaque with your name to the pavilion structure. We are grateful for your support and are excited for the positive growth that this project will bring to our organization. Thank you!