Through our programs, Mt. Adams Institute creates opportunities for people to connect meaningfully with the natural world in order to:
• Improve personal health and wellbeing
• Increase ecological literacy and a sense of interconnectedness
• Promote lifelong environmental stewardship and action
• Enhance civic and community engagement
• Facilitate career opportunities in the fields of natural resource management, conservation, and education
Who We Serve
MAI serves youth, young adults, adults and families because we believe that a strong connection with nature benefits people of all ages and walks of life. We seek out opportunities to connect individuals with the natural world who are historically underrepresented in outdoor recreation and natural resource career areas.