What we’re looking for:
- Presenters with expertise on a topic related to the cultural, natural, or political history of the Columbia River Gorge.
- Skilled public speakers who enjoy sharing their knowledge and have the ability to present in a way consistent with the Sense of Place format.
- Availability to present via webinar or podcast*.
What we offer:
- Event marketing to 4,000 e-newsletter subscribers and via social media, local newspapers and partners in Oregon and Washington.
- Book sales facilitated by a local bookshop (optional).
- A chance to be a part of a popular and meaningful lecture series with a loyal audience.
- A digital recording of your presentation will be shared/archived online via the Sense of Place website.
- Honorarium of $100
*PLEASE NOTE: We are updating our lecture format in response to ongoing restrictions around large in-person gatherings due to COVID-19. Our recent audience survey showed overwhelming support for continuing Sense of Place in some form during the pandemic. As a result, Season 11 will likely be conducted largely online or in podcast form. There are benefits and drawbacks to this temporary shift, but Sense of Place has been an invaluable way to gather, wonder, and learn about our common ground and the SOP Team is committed to working with our speakers and supporters to continue these lectures in 2020-21. We appreciate your flexibility and interest in being a part of this special season.
Deadline for applications is August 7, 2020.