As you know, we are excited to welcome the Sense of Place lectures series as a new program of Mt. Adams Institute. Like everyone, Sense of Place has had to adjust accordingly to the coronavirus pandemic.We want to thank the community for the support you’ve given to Sense of Place over the past 10 years and for your patience as we navigate this unique time. With so much in flux, it seems more clear than ever, the importance of connecting to a place and its people.
The final two lectures of this season have been moved to next season. This means we will still have the opportunity for a Story Gathering with the Confluence Project and the chance to hear from investigative reporter, Les Zaitz, about the Rajneesh in Oregon – it’ll just be a bit later than originally planned. But we know it’ll be worth the wait!
What we’re not waiting for is to continue sharing stories, interviews, and voices that give us a sense of place. Tune into our partner podcast, Hear in the Gorge, for conversations with the Gorge community, short stories, and the next full-episode coming this spring. At a time when it could be easy to feel isolated, it’s amazing how hearing the voices of others can remind you of your connection to this place and to each other.
And check out our updated Sense of Place webpage. We’ll be including information there about our plans for next season, including the RFP for potential speakers (coming in May).
Specific lecture details:
- The March 2020 lecture (Salmon People: Story Gathering) – will be moved to 2020/21 season. Date TBD.
- Tickets already purchased for the March 18th event can be used for the rescheduled lecture. We hope to see you there!
- If you are unable to make it to a rescheduled lecture, you have three options:
- You can gift your ticket to a friend,
- Donate it to someone by emailing us to leave it at will call
- Request a refund.** We are adjusting Sense of Place to help it weather current financial hardships as a result of COVID-19. Ticket sales are an important part of sustaining the program, however, if you need to request a refund please send an email to email@example.com.
- The April 2020 lecture (Rajneesh in Oregon) – is moved to 2020/21 season. Date TBD
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .