Request for Proposals: Sense of Place Lecture Series, Season 12 (2021-22)
What we’re looking for:
- Presenters with expertise on a topic related to the cultural, natural, or political history of the Columbia River Gorge.
- Skilled public speakers who enjoy sharing their knowledge and have the ability to present in a way consistent with the Sense of Place format.
- Availability to present in Hood River, Oregon. (If pandemic restrictions exist, availability to present via Zoom webinar*.)
- Lectures happen on the 2nd or 3rd Wednesday of the month, October – April. Speakers are asked to arrive by 6pm, lectures begin at 7pm and run 50mins-1hr, followed by a Q&A.
What we offer:
- Event marketing to 4,000 e-newsletter subscribers and via social media, local newspapers and partners in Oregon and Washington.
- Book sales facilitated by a local bookshop (optional).
- A chance to be a part of a popular and meaningful lecture series with a loyal audience.
- A digital recording of your presentation will be shared/archived online via the Sense of Place web page.
- Lodging for out-of-town presenters.
*PLEASE NOTE: It is expected that all Season 12 lectures will be presented live, in-person in Hood River, Oregon. However, if pandemic restrictions prohibit this, presentations will be made via Zoom webinar.
To apply ONLINE:
Please answer the proposal questions online here.
To apply via MAIL:
Mail your proposal with answers to these questions (click here).
Sense of Place ℅ Mt. Adams Institute
2453 Highway 141
Trout Lake, WA 98650
Applications must be received by end of day MAY 28, 2021.
Questions? Contact Sarah Fox, Sense of Place Host & Curator firstname.lastname@example.org